The Nitty-Gritty of How to Add Clients
When I started my marketing agency, there was one big lesson the universe taught me: you have to put yourself out there. You can’t start a business in the dark and expect it to flourish.
Nothing is going to be perfect when you first start (or ever!!), and those of us in the marketing world can easily get caught up in the perfectionism of it all. It’s less about those details and much more about having the confidence to go out there and ask for what you want.
In this episode, I’m going into the nitty gritty details of how I created relationships, added clients, and ultimately grew my business!
- Kill the perfectionism voice in your head – she’s not helping you, she’s only holding you back!
- Be vulnerable & tell your story – connecting with people personally is a beautiful basis to start a healthy working relationship.
- Everyone in your life needs to know what you’re doing – don’t hide it! Tell your aunt, the guy at the smoothie shop, anyone and anywhere that it naturally comes up in conversation (and no, we don’t mean jumping into the DM’s of your old high school acquaintances and “selling” yourself)
- Volunteer for what you’re passionate about – the relationships you’ll create through volunteering are with the most well-connected, giving people in the world that you want to have in your back pocket
- Network & attend events that you feel natural going to – and only during the phases of your cycle when you have the energy to do so.
- Ask for referrals – the clients you enjoy working with are connected to others like them, so it’s an excellent way to expand your business with clients you actually like!
Tune in to hear more about how I added clients and the lessons I learned along the way.